Week Six: Back to the Square Knot

Well if you've been keeping up with my lovely blog, you would know some of my struggles that I have faced.  Well guess what, I am still struggling.  The world of tying knots is a tedious and long process.  Over the course of the last two weeks I added another 196 knots.  That bring is to a new total of 2,210 knots, that's quite a few I do say so myself.

So yet again, I struggled with what to do next with my macrame wall hanging, and once again I changed gears and untied 72 knots. After that I began yet another row of double half hitch knots.  But wouldn't you know it, I messed that up too!  I'm totally thriving at this point in my life.  I decided to create a straight line of knots from the lowest spiral but what happened you might wonder? I started at the far end four inches too high (seriously Morgan, get it together).  Anyways, moving on,  I untied these knots (which was 26 more) and started in the middle and worked my way out instead.


After I completed this, I had to decide what to do next.  At this point, some of my rope is getting pretty short so I won't be able to add much.  What I decided to do was group together a larger group of rope into square knots.  If you look at my first and second entry you will see how each square knot is made up of four ropes.  I did the same thing only I used eight pieces in each group and seven in the middle two.

Grouped Square Knot
As for what's going to be next, I will just figure that out when I get there.  I never know what I want or what will work so it could be difficult to decide.  I am getting very close to completing my macrame wall hanging and I am very excited to have it done.

Comments

  1. Whoa! That looks very cool! I don't know if I would be willing to tie that many knots. You mention square knots, but are there any other knots you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good. It seems tedious now, but I'm sure you'll feel accomplished when you finish it. Do you think you'll create more in the future or are you done after this? If so, would it be a smaller one or one the same size?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan, I'm really proud of how far you have come with your macrame. You are a very artistic person, so I'm not surprised at how good you are at this skill. It doesn't look like that many knots, but it definitely is. Do you plan to do anything like this after the Genius Hour is over? Keep up the good work, pal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually so cool! I didn't really know what it was when you first showed us your plan. Do your hands ever ache after making so many knots? How long do you usually work on this? What are some other knots that you use and is it hard to learn them? Keep on working, Morgan, this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment