Week Five: Starting Clouds
For the next few weeks I am going to draw one big final project. It was extremely hard to decide what I thought would be worth all of the time and effort a huge detailed drawing would take. Sadly, it took multiple ideas and sketches before I decided upon clouds. There are several reasons I chose this; I can make it more and more detailed as I progress, and I can make it as hard as I want.
To go about starting this drawing, I first made a border, I did this with painters tape, this will provide a clean edge to my drawing when I'm done to make it look more refined. Next, Pinterest provided me the picture inspiration. I took a picture of some clouds and sketched the very simple outline onto my two canvases. Then, I shaded in the sky portion. This has taken me about two hours alone as the shading has to be very even and there is a lot to do (even within this timeframe I wasn't able to finish it).
So here is my progress thus far. Next week I will have the sky finished and will move onto making cleaner edges and begin detailing. The cloud outline practically impossible to see, sorry. I had to draw it extremely light to avoid the lines being visible when finished.
To go about starting this drawing, I first made a border, I did this with painters tape, this will provide a clean edge to my drawing when I'm done to make it look more refined. Next, Pinterest provided me the picture inspiration. I took a picture of some clouds and sketched the very simple outline onto my two canvases. Then, I shaded in the sky portion. This has taken me about two hours alone as the shading has to be very even and there is a lot to do (even within this timeframe I wasn't able to finish it).
So here is my progress thus far. Next week I will have the sky finished and will move onto making cleaner edges and begin detailing. The cloud outline practically impossible to see, sorry. I had to draw it extremely light to avoid the lines being visible when finished.
I think one, large project is a great way to show us what you have learned and how you have progressed. I have thought about doing a large project, but I doubt I will.
ReplyDeleteI can understand why clouds would be so challenging. Are there any tricks you can use to make it easier?
Your project looks great so far and I'm glad you are able to show us your progress over the next few weeks. I can't wait to see you're end product!
ReplyDelete