Week Six: Shading Clouds
This week I continued my cloud drawing with some shading of the actual clouds. Last week was spent shading the sky. And when I say shading, I mean SHADING, like a ton of it. What made it take even longer is the fact that I did both canvases. This week I just worked on one. I figured that by doing it this way, I could at least fully finish one canvas instead of two partially finished ones.
To create my clouds I simply eyed the shapes of my picture to draw them onto the canvas. As I tend to be a perfectionist, it was really hard for me knowing it isn't perfect. It's clouds though, meaning there is o proportions or positions that I have to worry about so I was able to just go with it.
I started my refining the edges of the clouds to create a sharper line to contrast the sky. Then, I started the actual clouds. I tried to focus on the darker spots first. Then I blended this out into the light patches and edges. I did this for about three hours, yet looking at my drawing I feel like I didn't accomplish a lot. I am proud of my work so far though and that's the most important part.
To create my clouds I simply eyed the shapes of my picture to draw them onto the canvas. As I tend to be a perfectionist, it was really hard for me knowing it isn't perfect. It's clouds though, meaning there is o proportions or positions that I have to worry about so I was able to just go with it.
I started my refining the edges of the clouds to create a sharper line to contrast the sky. Then, I started the actual clouds. I tried to focus on the darker spots first. Then I blended this out into the light patches and edges. I did this for about three hours, yet looking at my drawing I feel like I didn't accomplish a lot. I am proud of my work so far though and that's the most important part.
This is my work on the clouds so far. The details are hard to see because I had to take a darker picture for it to show up on camera at all. Sorry! Anyways, I am going to hopefully finish this canvas next week and move onto my second one. That is if all goes as planned.
That is so cool Morgan! I love that you decided to draw clouds! It gives it a very abstract layer that is very pleasing to look at! I hope I get to look at all of your charcoal drawings in person!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!! They look like clouds so that is good! If I tried it'd probably just look like blobs. I'm excited to see what you do next!
ReplyDeleteYour project looks awesome! Is there a reason you chose to draw clouds? I am glad that you are liking how it is turning out given the fact that you are a perfectionist. I personally think it looks amazing!
ReplyDelete